As a valued customer of County Farm Centre, your privacy is important to us.
Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
County Farm Centre is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by way of your customer relationship with us. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately and securely.
Our policies and practices are established to assist us in complying with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) which applies to provincially regulated companies effective January 1, 2004. Our principles for protecting your personal information are based on the Canadian Standards Association’s model, now a statutory standard under the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any manner or form, such as hard copy file or as part of a database. Personal information includes such things as name, address, telephone number, Social Insurance Number, credit records and banking information.
Our Commitment to your Privacy
County Farm Centre is governed by the following ten (10) privacy principles as outlined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act:
1. Accountability to You
County Farm Centre is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to a third party for processing, storage or other purposes. Our employees are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles. Moreover, County Farm Centre has appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee compliance with the stated principles as well as deal with any issues that may arise.
2. Identifying the Purposes for Personal Information
County Farm Centre has identified the purpose for which your personal information is collected. Requested information is referenced against these identified purposes to ensure consistency of application at or before the time the information is collected.
County Farm Centre obtains your express consent (written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
County Farm Centre will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information such as personal financial information.
County Farm Centre will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
- a customer relationship already exists
- express consent has previously been given
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you
However, should the identified purposes for collecting and using your personal information change, we will notify you and obtain your express consent.
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting customer service at County Farm Centre who can help direct the call to the appropriate source. To change your preferences, refer to the “How to contact us” section below.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information
County Farm Centre collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. County Farm Centre will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means. County Farm Centre uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics collects information anonymously; reporting website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- to identify you as a customer;
- to understand your needs;
- to provide you with ongoing products and services, establish and maintain communication, and respond to your inquiries;
- to investigate and settle issues you may have;
- to offer you additional products and services, and provide information that may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Any collection of personal information will be done by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
County Farm Centre uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. County Farm Centre does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason. County Farm Centre will not share your personal information with a third party without prior notification to you and obtaining your consent.
County Farm Centre retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
Customers subscribed to County Farm Centre’s electronic newsletters can opt-out at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of these emails or by contacting us.
County Farm Centre keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as required. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your personal information, refer to the “How to contact us” section below.
County Farm Centre takes several steps to safeguard your personal information, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information and regardless of the format in which it is held. These steps include:
- physical security measures such as a restricted access facility and locked filing cabinets;
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification;
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information only to those that require access; and
- disposal of personal information no longer required by means of a shredding service.
We require our employees to keep all personal information confidential and comply with our various security measures.
County Farm Centre is committed to providing you with clear, understandable and easily available information about its policy and practices related to management of your personal information. To contact us, refer to the “How to contact us” section below.
9. Individual Access
You have the right to request access to your personal information stored by County Farm Centre. To contact us, refer to the “How to contact us” section below. Upon receiving such a request, County Farm Centre will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed, if anyone;
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information; and
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
10. Responsibility to Respond to Your Questions, Concerns and Complaints about Privacy
County Farm Centre will respond in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
How to contact us
- by contacting County Farm Centre’s Privacy Officer at 613-476-2171
- by mail to County Farm Centre, Attention: Privacy Officer, 38 Cold Storage Road, Picton, Ontario K0K2T0
- by email to: email@example.com